Topic: How do you see my english?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Hello, this is the forum where I spend more time writting in english. I’d like to ask how do you see my english? Is it easy to understand? Do I make too many mistakes? Please be honest, you aren’t going to break nothing πŸ™‚

I ask this because now I’m without work and I must split my efforts into learn english to go to another country and learn more english before that and search another work here in spain.

After all, I learnt english translating word-per-word with a dictionary in my hand while reading an old host manual.

Conquistador
    Participant

Frankly considering English is not your first language I think you have made a great effort to express yourself correctly. πŸ™‚

Zynewave
    Keymaster

I think your English is fine. If you speak it as well as you write, then I don’t think you will have problems communicating in an English speaking work environment.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Well, my spoken english isn’t good, but I watching few subtitled movies that’re helping me to hear it and speak it. If I can speak broken it will be enough to end learning in another country.

Thanks guys πŸ™‚

thcilnnahoj
    Participant

You’re doing quite well for teaching yourself! Can’t say I’ve had problems understanding anything you wrote recently.

To try and help, let me point out something:
    Every now and then you leave out some words – for example, when you say you “watch few movies”, that means you don’t watch much at all. You probably meant to say “a few”!

Also, on rare occasion you use words or expressions that are probably very similar in Spanish and English, but mean different things. I’m guilty of doing that myself quite often – with German words, of course! 😳

I also learned mostly by watching films (because the way it was taught in school was far too boring), so I think it’s a good alternative if there’s no one around to practice with face-to-face.

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

Thanks for the fix thcil πŸ™‚ Feel free to check mi errurs evrytime yuo thynk is neided πŸ˜†

Just joking a little πŸ™‚

UncleAge
    Participant

Your English is light-years better than my Espanol! And I think you would do fine abroad.

German Fafian
    Participant

Hi there!
    You can always go to one of many Irish Pubs around Spain.
    There are groups of people who get together in those to practice Spanis/English among them.
    Besides the Ales are quite good πŸ˜‰

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

@German Fafian wrote:

Hi there!
    You can always go to one of many Irish Pubs around Spain.
    There are groups of people who get together in those to practice Spanis/English among them.
    Besides the Ales are quite good πŸ˜‰

The problem with those irish pubs is that there’re a lot of girls, and I’m like a dog running after a car when I see one

Just joking πŸ™‚ That’s true in Madrid, but where I live there aren’t english people in them. however I know anoter night pub where I could find. Thanks!

German Fafian
    Participant

Hey Liquid.
    If it is not too much to ask. Where in Spain do you live?
    Chasing after english speaking girls is a lot fun too 😈

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

I’m from San Sebastian (not San Sebastian de Los Reyes, but Guipuzcoa). Currently I’m living here but its almost sure that if I find a new work it will be in Madrid too

German Fafian
    Participant

@LiquidProj3ct wrote:

I’m from San Sebastian (not San Sebastian de Los Reyes, but Guipuzcoa). Currently I’m living here but its almost sure that if I find a new work it will be in Madrid too

Cool.
    San Sebastian is Steve Vai’s favorite place to spend his birthday every year since he found how cool Spain was. ( Interviewed him once. That’s how I know πŸ˜‰ )

Having some understanding of english and computers. You should have no problems finding a job soon.

Later; 😈

LiquidProj3ct
    Participant

That is what I hope πŸ™‚

Anyway I’m a little bored of this city, so I think I’ll change soon πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Β© 2021 Zynewave