Reply To: Preview 2.34: Minor consistency updates

Zynewave
Keymaster

@thcilnnahoj wrote:

@Zynewave wrote:

If it’s okay, I’d like to have a go at the Loop-Recording and Composite Tracks section, which looks like it needs screenshots as well.

The page is all yours. The current text and screenshots were contributed by Mike G a long time ago, so that’s why the formatting may appear different.

I see – I hope he won’t mind, then!

I took the liberty of giving the recording chapter an overhaul – phew!
As I’m still not entirely sure what’s supposed to go where, there may be some redundant information present.

Excellent 🙂 Nicely written.

I’ve added the following text about multiple take selection, which wasn’t included in the old chapter either:

If you have selected multiple composite events, and select a take on one of the selected composite events, any similar named takes in the other selected composite events will also be selected. If the **Use timestamp as name for new take events** option in **Preferences** is enabled, it is easy to simultaneously change takes on multiple composite tracks. If you for example have recorded multiple takes of a band rehearsal using multiple audio inputs, you can select all the composite events, and switch the takes for all tracks simultaneously. Since the takes are named with a timestamp of the recording start, the selected takes will always be from the same recording, even if you reorganize the take tracks.

I don’t know what to do with the paragraph surrounded by “fixme” tags…

I’ve parked it at the end of the chapter under a new “Recording MIDI parameters” section. I removed the FIXME. Even if the text do need fixing, I’m not keen on creating the installer pdf guide with FIXMEs included. 😳

I also wonder if recording plug-in & mixer parameters via the mixer faders should go here or someplace else (for now, I’ve put a reference to the parameter automation chapter up)?

That’s fine.

Plus, after this thread, I’m not certain anymore about some terms – for example, is it ‘device mapping’ now, or ‘device object’?
Some others (composite event, take selection bar), I couldn’t find an official name for, so I had to make them up! 😛

I use “device object” as a general term for any of the device mapping, device definition, preset and parameter object types.

I see you removed the “bounce recording” section that was in the old page. Was that just too out of date, redundant, or do you have other plans for that text?

© 2021 Zynewave